Teeth sensitivity Experienced by most of us. It’s a sharp, sudden shooting pain in teeth while exposed to air, cold, sweet, acidic or hot foods, but it is temporary. Visit a dentist at our dental clinic in Coimbatore. if you experience frequent episodes of tooth sensitivity.
- Brushing too hard or using a hard-bristled toothbrush leads to enamel and root erosion.
- Teeth grinding or clenching. This can wear down enamel.
- Cracked teeth, can become filled with bacteria from plaque and cause inHammation in the pulp of the tooth. Long-term use of mouthwash.
- Acidic foods.
- Inflamed and sore gum tissue can result in exposure of the tooth’s root.
Proper diagnosis of the reason for the sensitivity is essential in treating sensitivity.
- Desensitizing toothpaste:
- Use fluoridated toothpaste for sensitive teeth, not tartar-control toothpaste. Try spreading a thin layer of the desensitizing toothpaste on the exposed tooth roots before bed.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Avoid highly acidic foods.
- Use a fluoridated mouthwash daily. Avoid teeth grinding. Consider getting a mouth guard.
- Fluoride gel or varnish.
- Root canal. This is a last-resort treatment for severe tooth sensitivity that has not been helped by other methods.